List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:November 30 2012 3:35pm
Subject:Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?
View as plain text
Hi, Shaukat!

On Nov 29, Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad wrote:
> Dear All,
> How I can get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd), / query, I
> want to use this LocaleID / LANGID with FormatMessage() Windows API
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms679351(v=vs.85).aspx)
> to get error message against error code for my windows based storage
> engine.

There is no LocaleID/LANGID per thread in the server, it does not use
Windows API for that.

The current thread locale is in the ha_thd()->variables.lc_messages
But the storage engine API does not give you a direct access to
THD->variables, you'd need to #define MYSQL_SERVER 1 for that.

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad29 Nov
  • Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?Abhishek Varshney29 Nov
  • Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?Sergei Golubchik30 Nov
    • Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad30 Nov