List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Abhishek Varshney Date:November 29 2012 6:42pm
Subject:Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?
View as plain text
I am no expert, but, I will try to answer this to the best of my knowledge.

If you wish to get error message in some other language apart from
ENGLISH US, then, the LANGID would actually be useful. Still, if you
wish to provide LANGID support in your storage engine, you can define
a session variable to hold the LANGID as explained here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/plugin-data-structures.html and
use it as THDVAR(thd,<the_name_of_your_variable>) wherever required.

Thanks
Abhishek