List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Olav Hauglid Date:October 31 2012 1:06pm
Subject:Re: Is it a lapsus calami in init_io_cache?
View as plain text
Hello,

On 10/27/2012 07:33 AM, Mr. Left wrote:
> Hi, all
> I am reading the source code of mysql 5.6.6-m9, and i found the code below in
> function:init_io_cache
>
> /* Clear mutex so that safe_mutex will notice that it's not initialized */
> memset(&info->append_buffer_lock, 0, sizeof(info));
>
> I want to know why use sizeof(info) instead of sizeof(info->append_buffer_lock) ?

Good question :-)
It certainly looks like a bug.

Thanks for making us aware of this issue!
I've reported it as http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=67437

--- Jon Olav Hauglid, Principal Software Engineer MySQL, Oracle.
Thread
Is it a lapsus calami in init_io_cache?Mr. Left27 Oct
  • Re: Is it a lapsus calami in init_io_cache?Jon Olav Hauglid31 Oct
    • Re: Is it a lapsus calami in init_io_cache?Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad1 Nov