List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:October 11 2012 8:04pm
Subject:Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rc
View as plain text
Hi, Rich!

This is the bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/maria/+bug/578117
And this is the patch: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.1/revision/2881

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@stripped> wrote:
> > On Oct 11, Rich Prohaska wrote:
> >> Hello All,
> >>
> >> TokuDB supports XA and runs in both MariaDB and MySQL.  It works in
> >> MariaDB without any patches.  Unfortunately, there are several XA bugs
> >> related to multiple XA storage engines in MySQL 5.6.7.  It would be
> >> great if these bugs were fixed in MySQL.  One way to test these
> >> changes is to include another example storage engine that supports XA.
> >>  This storage engine does not even need to work; it just needs to
> >> export the prepare method in the handlerton interface.
> >>
> >> There is a block of code in handler.cc surrounded by
> >> WILL_BE_DELETED_LATER.  If I disable the debug assert, what else do I
> >> need to worry about?
> >
> > There is a possible deadlock in the MySQL XA code. I don't know how
> > probable it is to get it in practice, we've found it with our mutex
> > deadlock detector (MariaDB only). I had to rework XA code in MariaDB
> > quite a bit to get rid of the deadlock.

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska11 Oct
  • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcSergei Golubchik11 Oct
    • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska11 Oct
      • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcSergei Golubchik11 Oct
        • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska17 Oct