List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rich Prohaska Date:October 11 2012 7:57pm
Subject:Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rc
View as plain text
Hello Sergei,
Can you give me a pointer to a source files, or a source control changeset?

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, Rich!
>
> On Oct 11, Rich Prohaska wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> TokuDB supports XA and runs in both MariaDB and MySQL.  It works in
>> MariaDB without any patches.  Unfortunately, there are several XA bugs
>> related to multiple XA storage engines in MySQL 5.6.7.  It would be
>> great if these bugs were fixed in MySQL.  One way to test these
>> changes is to include another example storage engine that supports XA.
>>  This storage engine does not even need to work; it just needs to
>> export the prepare method in the handlerton interface.
>>
>> There is a block of code in handler.cc surrounded by
>> WILL_BE_DELETED_LATER.  If I disable the debug assert, what else do I
>> need to worry about?
>
> There is a possible deadlock in the MySQL XA code. I don't know how
> probable it is to get it in practice, we've found it with our mutex
> deadlock detector (MariaDB only). I had to rework XA code in MariaDB
> quite a bit to get rid of the deadlock.
>
> Regards,
> Sergei
Thread
XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska11 Oct
  • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcSergei Golubchik11 Oct
    • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska11 Oct
      • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcSergei Golubchik11 Oct
        • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska17 Oct