List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:October 11 2012 7:54pm
Subject:Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rc
View as plain text
Hi, Rich!

On Oct 11, Rich Prohaska wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> TokuDB supports XA and runs in both MariaDB and MySQL.  It works in
> MariaDB without any patches.  Unfortunately, there are several XA bugs
> related to multiple XA storage engines in MySQL 5.6.7.  It would be
> great if these bugs were fixed in MySQL.  One way to test these
> changes is to include another example storage engine that supports XA.
>  This storage engine does not even need to work; it just needs to
> export the prepare method in the handlerton interface.
>
> There is a block of code in handler.cc surrounded by
> WILL_BE_DELETED_LATER.  If I disable the debug assert, what else do I
> need to worry about?

There is a possible deadlock in the MySQL XA code. I don't know how
probable it is to get it in practice, we've found it with our mutex
deadlock detector (MariaDB only). I had to rework XA code in MariaDB
quite a bit to get rid of the deadlock.

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska11 Oct
  • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcSergei Golubchik11 Oct
    • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska11 Oct
      • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcSergei Golubchik11 Oct
        • Re: XA problems in mysql-5.6.7-rcRich Prohaska17 Oct