List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dmitry Lenev Date:October 9 2012 5:24am
Subject:Re: 5.6.7-rc fill_alter_inplace_info erroneous sets the
ALTER_COLUMN_TYPE flag
View as plain text
Hello Rich!

* Rich Prohaska <prohaska@stripped> [12/10/08 22:55]:
> Suppose we have a table t (a char(1), b binary(1)).
>
> If we run "alter table t change a aa char(1)", the ALTER_COLUMN_NAME
> flag is set in the handler_flags.
>
> If we run "alter table t change b bb binary(1), the ALTER_COLUMN_NAME
> and ALTER_COLUMN_TYPE flags are set in the handler flags, even when
> the type is unchanged.
>
> I added code to our storage engine to really check the field types if
> the ALTER_COLUMN_TYPE flag is set.

Thanks a lot for finding and bringing up this issue!!!

Indeed, it looks like a bug. Moreover it also affects 5.1/5.5 and
not only new in-place ALTER TABLE code in 5.6.

I have reported this problem as http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=67141

Best regards,
--
Dmitry Lenev, Software Developer
Oracle Development SPB/MySQL, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification
Thread
5.6.7-rc fill_alter_inplace_info erroneous sets the ALTER_COLUMN_TYPE flagRich Prohaska8 Oct
  • Re: 5.6.7-rc fill_alter_inplace_info erroneous sets theALTER_COLUMN_TYPE flagDmitry Lenev9 Oct