List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:MARK CALLAGHAN Date:October 3 2012 4:46pm
Subject:Re: making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6
View as plain text
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Zardosht Kasheff <zardosht@stripped> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I read that InnoDB is now crash safe on slaves in MySQL 5.6. I
> understand that a way they do this is on committing a transaction on a
> slave, they store the binary log position in an InnoDB table (which
> makes that information transactionally maintained). I also understand
> that this position is stored for each database, as databases may apply
> the replication log in parallel.
>
> Upon recovery of a slave, how does InnoDB report to MySQL where the
> replication log should resume?

I don't do much with 5.6 source. Grep the sql directory for
"repository" and then start by looking at rpl_info_factory.cc. The
vague answer is that the file name offset are read from either a table
or the info file. I am sure the replication team will respond soon
with a less vague answer.

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@stripped