List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:October 3 2012 3:15pm
Subject:making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6
View as plain text
Hello all,

I read that InnoDB is now crash safe on slaves in MySQL 5.6. I
understand that a way they do this is on committing a transaction on a
slave, they store the binary log position in an InnoDB table (which
makes that information transactionally maintained). I also understand
that this position is stored for each database, as databases may apply
the replication log in parallel.

Upon recovery of a slave, how does InnoDB report to MySQL where the
replication log should resume?

Can another storage engine similarly make itself crash safe on a
slave? Will there be any issues with multiple storage engines doing
so?

Thanks
-Zardosht
Thread
making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6Zardosht Kasheff3 Oct
  • RE: making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6Rick James3 Oct
    • Re: making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6Zardosht Kasheff3 Oct
      • RE: making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6Rick James3 Oct
  • Re: making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6MARK CALLAGHAN3 Oct
    • Re: making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6Zardosht Kasheff3 Oct
      • Re: making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6Kristian Nielsen4 Oct
        • Re: making a storage engine crash safe on a slave in MySQL 5.6Zardosht Kasheff4 Oct