List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dmitry Lenev Date:September 12 2012 4:10pm
Subject:Re: Schema inconsistency after inplace alter table in MySQL 5.6.6-m9
View as plain text
Hello Rich!

* Rich Prohaska <prohaska7@stripped> [12/09/12 18:55]:
> Hello
>
> How does one recover from crashes that occur when altering a partitioned table,
> especially if the operation is committed on the storage engine but the frm is old?

The only way that comes to my mind is to finish .frm renaming manually
(i.e. by manually renaming .frm files on disk).

But, indeed, this is not a satisfactory solution for normal users and
a better solution is necessary (e.g. automatic recovery/redo in some
form).

--
Dmitry Lenev, Software Developer
Oracle Development SPB/MySQL, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification
Thread
Schema inconsistency after inplace alter table in MySQL 5.6.6-m9Rich Prohaska31 Aug
  • Re: Schema inconsistency after inplace alter table in MySQL 5.6.6-m9Dmitry Lenev12 Sep
    • Re: Schema inconsistency after inplace alter table in MySQL 5.6.6-m9Rich Prohaska12 Sep
      • Re: Schema inconsistency after inplace alter table in MySQL 5.6.6-m9Dmitry Lenev12 Sep