List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rich Prohaska Date:July 10 2012 6:59pm
Subject:Re: possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace software
View as plain text
Hello Dmitry,
I finally understand that you created a simpler test case than mine
that exhibits the problem.
Thanks
Rich Prohaska

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Rich Prohaska <prohaska@stripped> wrote:
> Hello Dmitry,
> My example may have the same result (table copied) but the cause is
> different (new columns are being added to the table, yet the fill
> function sets the ADD and DROP flags).
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Dmitry Lenev <Dmitry.Lenev@stripped>
> wrote:
>> Hello Rich!
>>
>> Thanks for finding and reporting this issue!
>>
>> * Rich Prohaska <prohaska@stripped> [12/07/10 18:11]:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We found a alter table statement that adds columns to a table sets the
>>> ADD and DROP INDEX flags in the alter inplace info struct.  When
>>> running the attached mysql test program, innodb's
>>> check_if_supported_inplace_alter gets called with unexpected
>>> handler_flags set (handler_flags = 2115 = ADD_INDEX + DROP_INDEX +
>>> ADD_COLUMN + ALTER_COLUMN_ORDER).  The fill_if_supported_inplace_alter
>>> function is probably at fault.  We are using
>>> mysql-5.6.6-labs-june-2012.
>>
>> Indeed, this is a bug in fill_alter_inplace_info() code.
>> This function incorrectly determines prefix keys as dropped
>> and then re-created by any ALTER TABLE. :(
>>
>> I have reported a bug about it: http://bugs.mysql.com/65865.
>>
>> Thanks once again!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dmitry Lenev
>>
>> --
>> Dmitry Lenev, Software Developer
>> Oracle Development SPB/MySQL, www.mysql.com
>>
>> Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification
Thread
possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace softwareRich Prohaska10 Jul
  • Re: possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace softwareDmitry Lenev10 Jul
    • Re: possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace softwareRich Prohaska10 Jul
      • Re: possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace softwareRich Prohaska10 Jul