List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dmitry Lenev Date:July 10 2012 3:31pm
Subject:Re: possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace software
View as plain text
Hello Rich!

Thanks for finding and reporting this issue!

* Rich Prohaska <prohaska@stripped> [12/07/10 18:11]:
> Hello,
>
> We found a alter table statement that adds columns to a table sets the
> ADD and DROP INDEX flags in the alter inplace info struct.  When
> running the attached mysql test program, innodb's
> check_if_supported_inplace_alter gets called with unexpected
> handler_flags set (handler_flags = 2115 = ADD_INDEX + DROP_INDEX +
> ADD_COLUMN + ALTER_COLUMN_ORDER).  The fill_if_supported_inplace_alter
> function is probably at fault.  We are using
> mysql-5.6.6-labs-june-2012.

Indeed, this is a bug in fill_alter_inplace_info() code.
This function incorrectly determines prefix keys as dropped
and then re-created by any ALTER TABLE. :(

I have reported a bug about it: http://bugs.mysql.com/65865.

Thanks once again!

Best regards,
Dmitry Lenev

--
Dmitry Lenev, Software Developer
Oracle Development SPB/MySQL, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification
Thread
possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace softwareRich Prohaska10 Jul
  • Re: possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace softwareDmitry Lenev10 Jul
    • Re: possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace softwareRich Prohaska10 Jul
      • Re: possible bug in the 5.6.6 alter inplace softwareRich Prohaska10 Jul