List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:June 20 2012 5:22pm
Subject:Re: purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollback
View as plain text
Hello Dmitry,

Thank you for your response. Why does InnoDB do this when a deadlock
is detected? Does every storage engine need to do this? Is this part
of some specification that calls for this? Or is it some sort of
performance optimization?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Dmitry Lenev <Dmitry.Lenev@stripped> wrote:
> Hello Zardosht!
> * Zardosht Kasheff <zardosht@stripped> [12/06/19 22:20]:
>> Hello all,
>> What is the purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollback?
> This call allows storage engine to request a transaction/statement
> rollback from SQL-layer.
> For example, when InnoDB storage engine detects a deadlock it rolls
> back the transaction inside storage engine (i.e. itself), but it still
> needs to invoke this method so transaction is properly rolled back
> in other storage engines (including binary log).
>> Under what conditions is a storage engine required to call this function?
> See above. I guess it is good idea to call this method when your
> storage engine decides to initiate a transaction rollback because
> of internal reasons, i.e. in case when such a rollback is not
> explicitly initiated from SQL-layer.
> Hope this helps!
> --
> Dmitry Lenev, Software Developer
> Oracle Development SPB/MySQL,
> Are you MySQL certified?
purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollbackZardosht Kasheff19 Jun
  • Re: purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollbackDmitry Lenev19 Jun
    • Re: purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollbackZardosht Kasheff20 Jun
      • Re: purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollbackStewart Smith21 Jun
        • Re: purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollbackZardosht Kasheff21 Jun
          • Re: purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollbackStewart Smith22 Jun
      • Re: purpose of thd_mark_transaction_to_rollbackDmitry Lenev21 Jun