List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rich Prohaska Date:June 4 2012 5:23pm
Subject:crash in slave replication with XA transaction
View as plain text
Hello,

We are running MySQL 5.5.21 with both InnoDB and TokuDB as XA storage
engines.  When one runs a transaction that inserts into an InnoDB
table and a TokuDB table, the commit crashes the replication slave at
log.cc line 6602 because cache_mngr == NULL.  We found a pattern in
various log functions in log.cc that calls binlog_setup_trx_data to
initialize the txn state.

This change fixes our immediate problem.

$ diff log.cc.orig log.cc
6595a6596,6597
>   if (thd_get_ha_data(thd, binlog_hton) == NULL)
>     thd->binlog_setup_trx_data();

Is this a correct fix?  If so, are there other places that need a
similar change?

Thanks
Rich Prohaska

The transaction is:
create table t1 (a int primary key) engine=innodb;
create table t2 (a int primary key) engine=tokudb;
set autocommit=0;
insert into t1 values (1);
insert into t2 values (2);
commit;

the slave crashes while handling the commit binlog entry.
Thread
crash in slave replication with XA transactionRich Prohaska4 Jun
  • Re: crash in slave replication with XA transactionMats Kindahl4 Jun