List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dvir Azulay Date:May 31 2012 5:05pm
Subject:last_insert_id() should return ulonglong, but is longlong
View as plain text
Hello, this is my first time on this mailing list so I hope I'm on the
right place.

Last night I encountered an issue with LAST_INSERT_ID(), when my ID
column is an UNSIGNED BIGINT; the return value was a SIGNED BIGINT.

So I looked at the source code and saw this line:
 longlong Item_func_last_insert_id::val_int()

When in other places, it was referred to as ulonglong, here it is
longlong. (When it should be ulonglong of course).

Is this correct or am I looking at the wrong place?
Thread
last_insert_id() should return ulonglong, but is longlongDvir Azulay31 May
  • re: last_insert_id() should return ulonglong, but is longlongMichael Widenius8 Jun
  • re: last_insert_id() should return ulonglong, but is longlongMichael Widenius8 Jun