List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:April 9 2012 4:03pm
Subject:Re: multiple storage engines supporting XA
View as plain text
On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 11:32:59 -0400, Zardosht Kasheff <zardosht@stripped> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to add XA for our storage engine in 5.1.61, and am running
> into http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=47134.
>
> Does anyone have experience with adding a storage engine (in addition
> to InnoDB) that supports XA to MySQL? Does 5.5 have this problem?
> MariaDB?
>
> Does MySQL work when multiple engines support XA? Commenters in the
> bug report expressed doubts.

It looks like Sergei has fixed it in MariaDB a long time ago, but I
don't see it fixed in MySQL (the Falcon team also hit this many years
ago too).

I don't predict that anyone at Oracle will look at these bugs anytime
soon.

Honestly, in this case, go use MariaDB if you don't want to have to
patch the server.

--
Stewart Smith
Thread