List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Esmet Date:February 24 2012 7:58pm
Subject:Re: handlerton info method locking
View as plain text
Any insight on this? I'm wondering if it's necessary to do my own
table-level locking (say, for shared variables among threads on the
same table) inside the handlerton's info method.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM, John Esmet <john.esmet@stripped> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What is the expected locking behavior of 'show table status' and the
> ::info method in the handlerton? I'm observing unlocked access to
> ::info when other threads have TL_WRITE locks on the table, so I'm
> curious if it is normal/expected for threads to call ::info on a
> write-locked table.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - John
Thread
handlerton info method lockingJohn Esmet23 Feb
  • Re: handlerton info method lockingJohn Esmet24 Feb
    • Re: handlerton info method lockingSergei Golubchik24 Feb