List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:January 14 2012 1:55am
Subject:Re: (again) BZR trees on launchpad are out of date
View as plain text
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:14:48 +0100, tomas ulin <tomas.ulin@stripped> wrote:
> Stewart, All, you should not expect the main trees to be updated more
> often than in conjunction with a regular release.  There are several
> reasons for this.  Among other things, there is rigorous integration
> testing before things are published in the main trees.  Another reason
> is handling of security related bugs which also causes delay in the
> update of the public trees.

Thanks for clarifying this. It's great to hear that there's a good
amount of QA going on before release.

> So if there is no update of the launchpad trees when we release, that
> calls for a reminder.  Otherwise, please be patient and wait for the
> next release before expecting an update of the launchpad releases.

The only thing that prompted me looking this time was that I couldn't
find the release tag for 5.1.61 and it's the bzr tree that corresponds
with the release that interests me.

If the trees are updated when there's a new release and can just bzr
branch the release tags, then I'm awesomely happy.

The clarification is most welcome and thanks for making each successive
release better than the last and of high quality.
--
Stewart Smith
Thread