List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zhixuan Zhu Date:December 21 2011 10:34pm
Subject:mysqld segfault when normal shutdown
View as plain text
Hi there,

I got a pretty annoying issue with our custom-built mysql server. We
are using version 5.1.39 built from source. We have plugged in a
customized storage engine. When mysql server is shut down, either by
service stop or just by the pkill command, mysql server always crash.
The back trace and the seg fault log are listed below. The crash does
not actually hurt anything. We did not even notice any difference
until we found lots of seg fault entries in the log file.

I googled a lot and found this may be related to the dynamic plugin
library load and unload. But I haven't got any luck identify the exact
issue yet. Any help on would be highly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Grace

Back trace:

[Switching to Thread 0x4518a940 (LWP 7574)]
0x00002aaaaf47dac2 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00002aaaaf47dac2 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000003d89205ad9 in __nptl_deallocate_tsd () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
#2  0x0000003d8920674b in start_thread () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
#3  0x0000003d88ad44bd in clone () from /lib64/libc.so.6

log:

111221  1:46:32 [Note] /usr/local/Calpont/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Normal shutdown

111221  1:46:32 [Note] Event Scheduler: Purging the queue. 0 events
111221  1:46:32 [Note] /usr/local/Calpont/mysql/libexec/mysqld:
Shutdown complete

111221  1:46:32 - mysqld got signal 11 ;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=149877952
read_buffer_size=4194304
max_used_connections=1
max_threads=151
threads_connected=0
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_threads = 1384935 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

thd: 0x0
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...

--
Zhixuan Zhu
http://yunping.wordpress.com/