List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Jones-Low Date:September 5 2011 5:12pm
Subject:Re: Using fprintf or DBUG_PRINT to print messages in mysqld
View as plain text
On 9/5/2011 3:43 AM, Salil Bhagurkar wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to understand the code flow of mysql-5.5.15 mysqld server.
>
> 1. I am able to use fprintf(stdout, ..) to print out messages to the
> console in the main startup code of mysqld.
>
> 2. I cannot use fprintf in any of the thread context to print messages
> to the console. Why is this?

	The MySQL logging system redirects both stdout and stderr to the MySQL
log file. use tail -f /var/log/mysql.log to see your messages.

> 3. If I compile the source code with the debug option and use
> DBUG_PRINT, then it does not work in some cases, specifically in the
> function do_handle_one_connection() in sql/sql_connect.cc.
>
> 4. DBUG_PRINT works and is used in the function do_command which is
> called by the do_handle_one_connection() method. From what I observed,
> is DBUG_ENTER always required to be able to DBUG_PRINT?

	Yes, and DEBUG_RETURN() or DBUG_VOID_RETURN; These are macros, each of
which sets (or clears) some global state. They must be used together.
Thread
Using fprintf or DBUG_PRINT to print messages in mysqldSalil Bhagurkar5 Sep
  • Re: Using fprintf or DBUG_PRINT to print messages in mysqldThomas Jones-Low5 Sep
RE: Using fprintf or DBUG_PRINT to print messages in mysqldAugustQ5 Sep