List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:AugustQ Date:September 5 2011 4:14pm
Subject:RE: Using fprintf or DBUG_PRINT to print messages in mysqld
View as plain text
Hi Salil,

I've used

    fprintf(stderr, .....)

and this worked, at least the message appeared in the log-file.

And I've also used Eclipse (with CDT) to set breakpoints, inspect
variables etc. And I could see my messages in the console.

Here is an example:
I looked ath this statement:
    select PZN, EVP, HAP from ABDAcol where PZN IN (1, 2, 3, 456);

and this is what I found in the console:
FUNC-ITEM=[ IN ] args: 5  res=2 type=[IN_FUNC]
FIELD-ITEM[ABDAcol] [PZN] [] 0 	name=<PZN>
INT-ITEM	val = 1 res=2	name=<1>
INT-ITEM	val = 2 res=2	name=<2>
INT-ITEM	val = 3 res=2	name=<3>
INT-ITEM	val = 456 res=2	name=<456>

This text was written by my own fprintf()-statements.

hope that helps.
August

Thread
Using fprintf or DBUG_PRINT to print messages in mysqldSalil Bhagurkar5 Sep
  • Re: Using fprintf or DBUG_PRINT to print messages in mysqldThomas Jones-Low5 Sep
RE: Using fprintf or DBUG_PRINT to print messages in mysqldAugustQ5 Sep