List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Trudeau Date:June 23 2011 12:25pm
Subject:Re: Temporarily preventing index from being selected
View as plain text
Hi Olivier,
  Have you tried returning a very large number.  That would hint not to
use the index.

Regards,

Yves

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 12:03 +0200, Olivier Chédru wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am developing a storage engine for MySQL 5.5. My storage engine is able to perform
> online index alterations.
>
> I would like to prevent MySQL from choosing an index currently being added by the
> storage engine.
>
> To do so, my handler::records_in_range() method returns HA_POS_ERROR.
> However this does not work: the index is used by the query anyway.
>
> Any idea about how to achieve that?
>
> Thanks
> Olivier

Thread
Temporarily preventing index from being selectedOlivier Chédru23 Jun
  • Re: Temporarily preventing index from being selectedYves Trudeau23 Jun
    • RE: Temporarily preventing index from being selectedOlivier Chédru23 Jun
      • Re: Temporarily preventing index from being selectedSergei Golubchik23 Jun