List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olivier Chédru Date:June 23 2011 10:03am
Subject:Temporarily preventing index from being selected
View as plain text
Hi!

I am developing a storage engine for MySQL 5.5. My storage engine is able to perform
online index alterations.

I would like to prevent MySQL from choosing an index currently being added by the storage
engine.

To do so, my handler::records_in_range() method returns HA_POS_ERROR.
However this does not work: the index is used by the query anyway.

Any idea about how to achieve that?

Thanks
Olivier
Thread
Temporarily preventing index from being selectedOlivier Chédru23 Jun
  • Re: Temporarily preventing index from being selectedYves Trudeau23 Jun
    • RE: Temporarily preventing index from being selectedOlivier Chédru23 Jun
      • Re: Temporarily preventing index from being selectedSergei Golubchik23 Jun