List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:April 19 2011 11:49am
Subject:Re: [Maria-developers] MariaDB/MySQL error code issue
View as plain text
Hi, Kristian!

On Apr 18, Kristian Nielsen wrote:

> For merging MySQL into MariaDB, we need to work out what to do about
> error code.
>
> I think we have these options:
>
> 1. Cooperate with MySQL@Oracle, so that whenever we add an error code
> in MariaDB, the corresponding code is also reserved in MySQL (even if
> not used), and vice versa.

I don't believe this will ever happen.
I personally wouldn't even bother considering it as an option.

> 2. Create different "namespaces" for error codes added to MariaDB and
> MySQL, eg. new MariaDB codes are assigned with some offset to MySQL
> codes, so we avoid conflicts.

That's what we should do, I suppose.

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
MariaDB/MySQL error code issueKristian Nielsen18 Apr
  • Re: MariaDB/MySQL error code issueKristian Nielsen18 Apr
    • Re: MariaDB/MySQL error code issueOleg Tsarev18 Apr
  • Re: [Maria-developers] MariaDB/MySQL error code issueSergei Golubchik19 Apr
  • Re: [Maria-developers] MariaDB/MySQL error code issueOleksandr Byelkin19 Apr