List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dmitry Lenev Date:April 11 2011 9:29am
Subject:Re: allowing other threads to write to a table during "create
Hello, Zardosht!

* Zardosht Kasheff <zardosht@stripped> [11/04/09 03:43]:
> In MySQL 5.1, a storage engine can allow other threads to write to a
> table while an index (via handler::add_index) is being created. To do
> so, one can set the lock_type to TL_WRITE_ALLOW_WRITE when
> handler::store_lock is called.
>
> In MySQL 5.5, this does not work, because a "metadata lock", or MDL
> has been added to the system. Is there any way to get this to work in
> MySQL 5.5?

I don't think it is possible to do this in MySQL 5.5.
We work on alleviating this issue in future releases.

--
Dmitry Lenev, Software Developer
Oracle Development SPB/MySQL, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification
Thread
allowing other threads to write to a table during "create index"Zardosht Kasheff9 Apr
  • Re: allowing other threads to write to a table during "createindex"Dmitry Lenev11 Apr
    • Re: allowing other threads to write to a table during "create index"Zardosht Kasheff16 Apr