List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Olav Hauglid Date:January 18 2011 2:55pm
Subject:Re: Renaming of handler flags for index creation/deletion
View as plain text
On 01/17/2011 04:48 PM, Zardosht Kasheff wrote:
> If the only change is in variable names (and therefore very safe), I
> think it would be nice if the changes for these changes to be in 5.1
> as well. Otherwise, storage engine developers will need to use one set
> of flags when compiling their handlerton against 5.1, and another
> while compiling against 5.5.
>
> Is there any reason to not have this in 5.1?

The patch is not variable name renames only. Renaming the flags in 5.1
would not be very meaningful without bug fix as the new names are
misleading without it.

We have discussed making the whole patch for 5.1, but this was thought
to be a bit too risky.

What we can do, is to add backward compatible defines to 5.5 like I
suggested in my initial e-mail.

--- Jon Olav Hauglid
Thread
Renaming of handler flags for index creation/deletionJon Olav Hauglid17 Jan
  • Re: Renaming of handler flags for index creation/deletionZardosht Kasheff17 Jan
    • Re: Renaming of handler flags for index creation/deletionJon Olav Hauglid18 Jan
      • Re: Renaming of handler flags for index creation/deletionZardosht Kasheff18 Jan