List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:October 18 2010 6:24pm
Subject:Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the fly
View as plain text
  Don't forget to pay special attention to "huge pages" ?

On 2/8/10 11:12 AM, Rick James wrote:
> I'm curious -- what will you do with the RAM you take away from InnoDB's
> buffer pool?  (In a dedicated MySQL server, I seen no reason to alter the
> size.)
>

>> From: Elena Kasyanova<degifter@stripped>
>> Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:55:12 +0300
>> To:<internals@stripped>
>> Subject: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the fly
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> It is not possible to reconfigure innodb_buffer_pool_size via SET
>> GLOBAL ... or smth, but I want to implement this option in order to
>> use it when server load changes significantly.
>>
>> Exploring the source code I see a "buf_pool_resize" function in
>> ./storage/innodb_plugin/buf/buf0buf.c that is not called anywhere.
>> I can see how I can set up a callback for changing a system variable.
>>
>> So, given a ready resize function and the ability to make a callback,
>> the solution seems quite simple.
>> Are there any issues that do not allow to implement this resize?
>> Or something else that should be considered?
>>
>> Thanks, Elena.
>>
>> --

Rick James - MySQL Geek

Thread
Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyElena Kasyanova8 Feb
  • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyRick James8 Feb
    • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyElena Kasyanova9 Feb
    • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyRob Wultsch9 Feb
      • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyElena Kasyanova9 Feb
        • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyXuekun Hu10 Feb
    • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyRick James18 Oct