List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Haihao Tang Date:October 11 2010 3:09am
Subject:Re: A question of "MySQL external XA and internal XA"
View as plain text
Thank you very much, Mark.
The following is my understanding, and if they are right?
1) First, at startup mysqld uses transaction log to recover to make
InnoDB consistent;
2) If a transaction is on the list from binlog and is in state
PREPARED, then commit it, otherwise roll it back?

2010/10/11 MARK CALLAGHAN <mdcallag@stripped>:
> This is after crash recovery. Crash recovery is done at startup to
> make InnoDB consistent. At the conclusion of that there might be
> InnoDB transactions in state PREPARED. The following is then done.
>
> The list is used to determine what to do with transactions in state PREPARED.
> * if it is on the list it is committed
> * otherwise it is rolled back
>
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Haihao Tang <haihaot@stripped> wrote:
>> Thanks Mark. Under your guidance, I even more understood internal XA.
>> But I still have one quetion:
>> In crash recovery, mysqld uses the list of committed transactions from
>> the current binlog to recover. Why not use transaction log to recover
>> the crashed transaction ? I am not familiar with InnoDB -_-!

Thread
A question of "MySQL external XA and internal XA"Haihao Tang8 Oct
  • Re: A question of "MySQL external XA and internal XA"MARK CALLAGHAN8 Oct
    • Re: A question of "MySQL external XA and internal XA"Haihao Tang11 Oct
      • Re: A question of "MySQL external XA and internal XA"MARK CALLAGHAN11 Oct
        • Re: A question of "MySQL external XA and internal XA"Haihao Tang11 Oct