I suggest we remove this recommendation from the style guide:
For example, use |bfill()| and |bzero()| instead of |memset()|.
and that we use the standard memset() function.
reason: bzero has a number of problems
- bzero does not seem to be well defined, I'm getting this during
MySQL configure on Fedora release 12
config.log:conftest.c:247: warning: conflicting types for built-in
- on some platforms it is not defined
- on some platforms it is available, but in non-standard places
- it was deprecated by posix 9 years ago
- it is not part of the current posix standard
where autoconf finds bzero() but the prototype is not visible when
compiling, do the build fails
Implementation strategy: replace bfill() and bzero() with memset(),
merge changes into relevant trees.