List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Hardy Date:October 1 2010 3:46pm
Subject:RE: InnoDB I/O-bound performance enhancement patch
View as plain text
> My workload has too much concurrency already so I am most interested
> in the change to make records_in_range do less IO.

I also noticed that if MySQL issues a read_multi_range_first() for say 20 ranges, it will
have done 20 separate records_in_range() calls just beforehand which kind of negates the
whole point of having multi_range_*() ..

Maybe some optimizer person can point me towards some FORCE INDEX or other construct that
can make the optimizer skip this step ? If we're forcing an index anyway, are there still
choices to make for the optimizer ? (I'm guessing it can still choose between a range
scan, multirange scan and a full index scan ?)
Thread
InnoDB I/O-bound performance enhancement patchSteve Hardy1 Oct
  • InnoDB I/O-bound performance enhancement patchMichael Widenius1 Oct
  • Re: InnoDB I/O-bound performance enhancement patchMARK CALLAGHAN1 Oct
    • RE: InnoDB I/O-bound performance enhancement patchSteve Hardy1 Oct
RE: InnoDB I/O-bound performance enhancement patchSteve Hardy4 Oct