List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davi Arnaut Date:September 25 2010 1:31am
Subject:Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?
View as plain text
On 9/24/10 12:22 PM, Mats Kindahl wrote:
> In this particular case, we would probably be better off if we could
> turn on -std=c89, which disallows C++ comments in C code.
>
> The downside is that it would of course mean that we have to start
> writing standards-compliant C code (oh horrors!). :)

I wish that overtime we could focus more on styles and actions, such as
this, that have more practical consequences. Over time, discussions
about the cosmetic aspects of coding style tend to get very silly.

How about a proposal that new C and C++ code must be
standards-compliant? That it must compile warning free? etc. Do you have
an idea of how much work is needed to make MySQL compile with -std=c89?

Regards,

Davi
Thread
[STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Guilhem Bichot23 Sep
  • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Joerg Bruehe24 Sep
    • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Mats Kindahl24 Sep
      • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Mark Leith24 Sep
      • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Davi Arnaut25 Sep
        • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Mats Kindahl25 Sep
          • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Davi Arnaut26 Sep
        • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Guilhem Bichot27 Sep
          • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Martin Hansson28 Sep
          • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Davi Arnaut28 Sep
  • Re: [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Ingo Struewing24 Sep
  • [STYLE] could we allow // for comments alone on their line?Michael Widenius30 Sep