List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 25 2001 1:30pm
Subject:Re: Developers on Darwin?
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Sasha" == Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped> writes:

Sasha> On Tuesday 23 January 2001 15:02, Jørgen  Nørgaard wrote:

>>> You are headed in the right direction... To demonstrate the problem, start
Sasha> by
>>> running ./test_thr_alarm in mysys - if it hangs, you've got a test case.
>>
>> Thanks for the hint, got a little further (with 3.23.31). Running the
>> test with -#d gives the  result below.
>>
>> The program hangs after "Thread: T@4  Waiting 10 sec".
>>
>> Does this mean something to you Sasha?

Sasha> To me it means that either pthread_kill() does not deliver the signal, or
Sasha> SIGALRM send to a thread does not interrupt select() or probably any other
Sasha> system call. Can you write a simple program that will test each possibility?

Sasha> Monty, do you have anything to add?

No;  If this happens, you need to get hold of the developer that has
access and knowledge about the pthread library source to get this
fixed.

I will mail one of my contacts at Apple about this at once!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Developers on Darwin?Jørgen   Nørgaard21 Jan
  • Re: Developers on Darwin?Sasha Pachev22 Jan
    • Re: Developers on Darwin?Jørgen   Nørgaard23 Jan
      • Re: Developers on Darwin?Sasha Pachev25 Jan
        • Re: Developers on Darwin?Michael Widenius25 Jan
  • Re: Developers on Darwin?Sinisa Milivojevic24 Jan