List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davi Arnaut Date:September 16 2010 5:17pm
Subject:Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)
View as plain text
On 9/16/10 1:18 PM, Weldon Whipple wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Konstantin Osipov<kostja@stripped>  wrote:
>> * Sergei Golubchik<serg@stripped>  [10/09/16 00:40]:
>>>>
> <snip/>

>>> This would be difficult to implement.
>>>
>>> FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK is not implemented in a way that can be
>>> generalized to support per-database locks :(
>>
>> Actually, in 5.5 we added schema locks and now all DDL
>> takes a schema lock on the affected schema. A reliable RENAME
>> DATABASE is now possible.
>
> Ooo! That is precisely the functionality we need!
>
> I wonder how long until 5.5 goes mainstream ...

Will ship by the end of this calendar year (2010). Also, the schema
locking you are planning is _significantly_ easier to implement in 5.5.

Regards,

Davi
Thread
Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple15 Sep
  • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Sergei Golubchik15 Sep
    • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
      • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Sergei Golubchik16 Sep
    • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Konstantin Osipov16 Sep
      • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
        • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Davi Arnaut16 Sep
          • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
            • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Davi Arnaut17 Sep
              • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple17 Sep