List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Weldon Whipple Date:September 16 2010 4:18pm
Subject:Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)
View as plain text
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Konstantin Osipov <kostja@stripped> wrote:
> * Sergei Golubchik <serg@stripped> [10/09/16 00:40]:
>> > 2. FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK FOR DATABASE dbname;

<snip/>

>> > It flushes and locks only one database.
>>
>> This would be difficult to implement.
>>
>> FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK is not implemented in a way that can be
>> generalized to support per-database locks :(
>
> Actually, in 5.5 we added schema locks and now all DDL
> takes a schema lock on the affected schema. A reliable RENAME
> DATABASE is now possible.

Ooo! That is precisely the functionality we need!

I wonder how long until 5.5 goes mainstream ...

Weldon
Thread
Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple15 Sep
  • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Sergei Golubchik15 Sep
    • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
      • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Sergei Golubchik16 Sep
    • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Konstantin Osipov16 Sep
      • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
        • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Davi Arnaut16 Sep
          • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
            • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Davi Arnaut17 Sep
              • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple17 Sep