List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:September 16 2010 3:19pm
Subject:Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)
View as plain text
* Weldon Whipple <weldon@stripped> [10/09/15 22:07]:
> 2. FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK FOR DATABASE dbname;

Note that in 5.5 we have FLUSH TABLES <list> WITH READ LOCK,
which is close to what you want (but you can't of course know what
tables are there in a database reliably).

> (I just added an optional 'FOR DATABASE dbname' to the already
> existing command--which still works, BTW. Is this a misuse of the word
> "FOR"?)
> This is the command that locks the tables before someone (some
> program) dumps/copies the tables that will be moved to another server.
> It flushes and locks only one database. (Should it support more than
> one?)

Nooooo!-)

Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple15 Sep
  • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Sergei Golubchik15 Sep
    • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
      • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Sergei Golubchik16 Sep
    • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Konstantin Osipov16 Sep
      • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
        • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Davi Arnaut16 Sep
          • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
            • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Davi Arnaut17 Sep
              • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple17 Sep