List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:September 16 2010 1:06pm
Subject:Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)
View as plain text
Hi, Weldon!

On Sep 15, Weldon Whipple wrote:

> >> 2. FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK FOR DATABASE dbname;
> >>
> > This would be difficult to implement.
> >
> > FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK is not implemented in a way that can be
> > generalized to support per-database locks :(
>
> I had guessed as much. (The method in my DB_BINLOG_MGR method that
> implements that functionality consists of a mutex lock, a comment
> about some sort of miracle happening, then a mutex unlock.)
>
> I wonder if there might be a way of inhibiting some user database
> (temporarily) from changing ...

Might be, but I cannot think of any :(
Were there a [more or less] easy way to do it, we would have got RENAME
DATABASE long time ago.

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple15 Sep
  • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Sergei Golubchik15 Sep
    • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
      • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Sergei Golubchik16 Sep
    • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Konstantin Osipov16 Sep
      • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
        • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Davi Arnaut16 Sep
          • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple16 Sep
            • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Davi Arnaut17 Sep
              • Re: Seeking command syntax feedback (Still Re: Per-db binlogging)Weldon Whipple17 Sep