List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tor Didriksen Date:September 16 2010 8:43am
Subject:Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header files
View as plain text
On 2010-09-16 10:29, Michael Widenius wrote:
> errors:

> generated
> generators to
>>>
> Please consider compilation time!
>
> I just compiled MySQL on a solaris sparc box and even now it takes>
> 40 minutes.  Adding self-sufficient headers will probably make this>  60
> minutes without adding any measure benefit to MySQL development.
>
> Regards,
> Monty

without self-contained headers, everybody has to remember to #include
stuff in the right order.
It's easy to get it wrong. I fixed several broken builds last week
because of this.
google for:
site:lists.mysql.com/commits Header files should be self-contained

-- didrik

Thread
[STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesMats Kindahl27 Aug
  • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesKonstantin Osipov8 Sep
    • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesMichael Widenius16 Sep
      • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesTor Didriksen16 Sep
      • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesKonstantin Osipov16 Sep
        • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesMats Kindahl16 Sep