List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 16 2010 8:29am
Subject:Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header files
View as plain text
Hi!

Konstantin> * Mats Kindahl <mats.kindahl@stripped> [10/08/27 18:06]:
>> Proposal
>> ======
>>
>> Every header file should be self-sufficient in the sense that for a
>> header file my_header.h, the following should compile without errors:
>>
>> #include "my_header.h"
>>
>> An exception is made for generated files, for example, those generated
>> by Yacc and Lex, since it is not possible to re-write the generators to
>> produce "correct" files.

Please consider compilation time!

I just compiled MySQL on a solaris sparc box and even now it takes >
40 minutes.  Adding self-sufficient headers will probably make this > 60
minutes without adding any measure benefit to MySQL development.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
[STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesMats Kindahl27 Aug
  • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesKonstantin Osipov8 Sep
    • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesMichael Widenius16 Sep
      • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesTor Didriksen16 Sep
      • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesKonstantin Osipov16 Sep
        • Re: [STYLE] Self-sufficient header filesMats Kindahl16 Sep