List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LeeRicky Date:September 3 2010 5:40pm
Subject:Re: How to avoid mysql warning "Got signal 14 from thread 0"
View as plain text
Sergei,

Thank you! Your reply is very helpful to me! I will discuss the design of our threads with
my partner later.

My another question is that I realize when there comes a new client's connection after the
server has set up, the SIGALARM signal is easily to appear and
it takes not a long time.  Where does this signal come from ?

In the mysql reference manual,  it implys that alarm signal is used to  force
timeouts on connections that have been idle too long.   Maybe it is related to
the server's global variables. I will check it and post it with the output of strace
command here later.

Regards,
Ricky

> Hi, LeeRicky!
>
> On Sep 03, LeeRicky wrote:
>>
>> If my understanding is right, I think I should delay the creation of
>> all background threads util the storage engine handler's "init()"
>> function is called. InnoDB also has some io background threads, but
>> they are created in function "innobase_init()", just after mysql has
>> initilized handled signals. Am I right ?
>
> Yes.
>
> Please don't execute any code before mysql asks you to initialide the
> engine. This signal/mask is just one problem.

Thread
How to avoid mysql warning "Got signal 14 from thread 0"LeeRicky3 Sep
  • Re: How to avoid mysql warning "Got signal 14 from thread 0"Sergei Golubchik3 Sep
    • Re: How to avoid mysql warning "Got signal 14 from thread 0"Marc Alff3 Sep
      • RE: How to avoid mysql warning "Got signal 14 from thread 0"LeeRicky4 Sep
Re: How to avoid mysql warning "Got signal 14 from thread 0"LeeRicky3 Sep