List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:August 16 2010 9:19am
Subject:Re: How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from source
View as plain text
Hi, Yuan!

On Aug 13, Yuan Wang wrote:
> I saw the following line in BUILD/compile-pentium64-max
>
> extra_configs="$pentium_configs $max_configs $static_link"
>
> If I remove $static_link from this line, it will be ok too. Maybe this
> way is better for it won't affect other build scripts, but SETUP.sh is
> shared by many many build scripts. Is that so?

As you like. It's your own copy of the tree.

If you use other build scripts and want them to produce static builds -
then yes, changing BUILD/compile-pentium64-max is better.

> I just wonder why $static_link is specified in the STANDARD build
> script. If it is specified in the STANDARD build script, it usually
> means it is the recommended way. So, why  $static_link is recommended?
> Does it has something to do with performance?

Historically, yes. Fully static build is (or, at least, was) a little
bit faster.

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from sourceYuan Wang13 Aug
  • Re: How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from sourceSergei Golubchik13 Aug
  • Re: How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from sourceDavi Arnaut13 Aug
Re: How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from sourceSergei Golubchik16 Aug