List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davi Arnaut Date:August 13 2010 11:08am
Subject:Re: How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from source
View as plain text
On 8/13/10 4:30 AM, Yuan Wang wrote:
> I recently found that if MySQL is built from source using
> BUILD/compile-pentium64-max, I could not create UDF in it. I checked
> the build script and found that --with-client-ldflags=-all-static is
> given is this situation, so UDF is disabled. Howver if it is built in
> DEBUG MODE using BUILD/compile-pentium64-debug-max, then UDF will be
> enabled.

BUILD/ scripts are mainly used for development and testing purposes, not
to build release binaries. For example, BUILD/compile-pentium64-max
builds the server with ndb support, which is commonly not needed.

> So, how could I build MySQL in RELEASE MODE with UDF support from source?

See documentation for "Building MySQL from Source":

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-sourcebuild-excerpt/5.1/en/index.html

Thread
How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from sourceYuan Wang13 Aug
  • Re: How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from sourceSergei Golubchik13 Aug
  • Re: How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from sourceDavi Arnaut13 Aug
Re: How to build MySQL in release mode with UDF support from sourceSergei Golubchik16 Aug