List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:August 10 2010 8:29am
Subject:Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]
View as plain text
Konstantin Osipov a écrit, Le 10.08.2010 08:13:
> * Guilhem Bichot <guilhem.bichot@stripped> [10/08/10 01:33]:
>
>> So the latest proposal, which is easy to implement, is:
>> - we keep sending post-push mails
>> - we don't include any bundle in the post-push mail; a bundle is not
>> needed, as the revision was just made available in the tree
>> - we limit the diff's size to 10,000 (no reason to generate huge
>> diffs which the mailing list will reject anyway, and which no one
>> will read).
>> There is also a proposal for commit mails, which have the same
>> slowness problem:
>> - same diff size limit as above
>
> Is it possible to send commit headers only, rather than
> send nothing at all if the diff itself is too big?

yes, the plan is: if the diff is too big, we don't include the diff; the
rest of the mail is sent (commit comment, list of merged revisions).
Thread
post-push emails useless?Guilhem Bichot29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
    • RE: post-push emails useless?Vladislav Vaintroub29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Harrison Fisk29 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Timour Katchaounov30 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Konstantin Osipov30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Kristian Nielsen30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Mats Kindahl4 Aug
  • conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot9 Aug
    • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Konstantin Osipov10 Aug
      • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot10 Aug