List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:August 10 2010 6:13am
Subject:Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]
View as plain text
* Guilhem Bichot <guilhem.bichot@stripped> [10/08/10 01:33]:

> So the latest proposal, which is easy to implement, is:
> - we keep sending post-push mails
> - we don't include any bundle in the post-push mail; a bundle is not
> needed, as the revision was just made available in the tree
> - we limit the diff's size to 10,000 (no reason to generate huge
> diffs which the mailing list will reject anyway, and which no one
> will read).
> There is also a proposal for commit mails, which have the same
> slowness problem:
> - same diff size limit as above

Is it possible to send commit headers only, rather than
send nothing at all if the diff itself is too big?

> - keep including a bundle, because it has proven to help complex
> reviews (when files have been renamed and the diff doesn't apply),
> but include it only if it won't contain more than 10 revisions (so
> that it's guaranteed to not take long to generate). The idea is that
> when there is a review, it's often a single revision which is
> committed. Reviewing a merge is rare. In the event where developer A
> should review a huge merge of developer B, A and B can always
> communicate so that B would explicitely generate the bundle (with
> "bzr send") or push to a temporary tree for A to branch.
>
> Unless this meets opposition, I will implement this.

Your proposal is very nice, and as long as you say it's a
conclusion, I think you should not wait for objections
any more.

post-push emails useless?Guilhem Bichot29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
    • RE: post-push emails useless?Vladislav Vaintroub29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Harrison Fisk29 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Timour Katchaounov30 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Konstantin Osipov30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Kristian Nielsen30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Mats Kindahl4 Aug
  • conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot9 Aug
    • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Konstantin Osipov10 Aug
      • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot10 Aug