List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mats Kindahl Date:August 4 2010 7:29am
Subject:Re: post-push emails useless?
View as plain text
On 07/29/2010 04:23 PM, Guilhem Bichot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to do a poll:
> do you think the post-push emails (automatically sent to
> commits@stripped when you do "bzr push") should be disabled
> for Server trees?
>
> I wasn't involved when they were implemented in our mysql_plugins bzr
> plugin.
> To me they are useless, I never look at mine or others'. I find
> that generating them takes a lot of time when pushing a big
> merge, and anyway big merge means big mail which commits@lists rejects
> due to a size limit.
> They don't work with "bzr push --overwrite" (produce an error).
> We didn't have them when we used BitKeeper.
>
> If we want to disable them, it means removing the post_push_to line
> from .bzr-mysql/default.conf in main and/or team trees.
>
> Opinions, anyone?

While they are not generally interesting for people to read, they can be
useful to see where a patch has been pushed, i.e., if it will be
released very soon. The specific contents of the patch would then not be
very interesting, but the fact that a patch with revid this-and-that has
been pushed to this-and-that tree might be valuable.

Just my few cents,
Mats Kindahl

--
Mats Kindahl
Lead Software Developer

Thread
post-push emails useless?Guilhem Bichot29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
    • RE: post-push emails useless?Vladislav Vaintroub29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Harrison Fisk29 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Timour Katchaounov30 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Konstantin Osipov30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Kristian Nielsen30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Mats Kindahl4 Aug
  • conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot9 Aug
    • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Konstantin Osipov10 Aug
      • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot10 Aug