List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:August 3 2010 1:00pm
Subject:Re: Effect of FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK on temporary tables
View as plain text
* Guilhem Bichot <guilhem.bichot@stripped> [10/08/03 16:58]:
> If FTWRL blocks temp tables it makes backup possible with
> statement-based binary logging.
> But on the other hand, it is going to disturb people who use
> temporary tables as a buffer for complex queries (to avoid using a
> subquery for example, or in stored procedures).
> I think the latter case overweighs the former. Then it depends on
> whether implementing this is hard or not.

Allowing temporary tables in FTWRL actually makes things simple,
since we can then remove the numerous wait_if_global_read_lock
across the code, and just keep one check in open_tables().

Effect of FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK on temporary tablesDmitry Lenev3 Aug
  • Re: Effect of FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK on temporary tablesGuilhem Bichot3 Aug
    • Re: Effect of FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK on temporary tablesKonstantin Osipov3 Aug