List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:July 30 2010 4:14pm
Subject:Re: post-push emails useless?
View as plain text
* Timour Katchaounov <timour@stripped> [10/07/30 19:59]:

You can't know from the push email what is the real thing because
the push can be into a staging tree.
It's more real than just a commit, but the final changes can only
be found in the log, not in a mail.

The reason we want to disable them is that they take a lot of time
(especially when doing merges and changesets are large), and
duplicate information. Most people filter them out nowadays.

If the intent is to make our work less visible, there is no
need to run a poll on internals@, one can just say BZR_NO_HOOKS=1.

post-push emails useless?Guilhem Bichot29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
    • RE: post-push emails useless?Vladislav Vaintroub29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Harrison Fisk29 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Timour Katchaounov30 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Konstantin Osipov30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Kristian Nielsen30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Mats Kindahl4 Aug
  • conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot9 Aug
    • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Konstantin Osipov10 Aug
      • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot10 Aug