List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:July 29 2010 2:23pm
Subject:post-push emails useless?
View as plain text
Hello,

I'd like to do a poll:
do you think the post-push emails (automatically sent to
commits@stripped when you do "bzr push") should be disabled
for Server trees?

I wasn't involved when they were implemented in our mysql_plugins bzr
plugin.
To me they are useless, I never look at mine or others'. I find
that generating them takes a lot of time when pushing a big
merge, and anyway big merge means big mail which commits@lists rejects
due to a size limit.
They don't work with "bzr push --overwrite" (produce an error).
We didn't have them when we used BitKeeper.

If we want to disable them, it means removing the post_push_to line
from .bzr-mysql/default.conf in main and/or team trees.

Opinions, anyone?

Thank you.

--
Mr. Guilhem Bichot <guilhem.bichot@stripped>
Oracle / MySQL / Optimizer team, Lead Software Engineer

Thread
post-push emails useless?Guilhem Bichot29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
    • RE: post-push emails useless?Vladislav Vaintroub29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Harrison Fisk29 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Stewart Smith29 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Timour Katchaounov30 Jul
    • Re: post-push emails useless?Konstantin Osipov30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Kristian Nielsen30 Jul
  • Re: post-push emails useless?Mats Kindahl4 Aug
  • conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot9 Aug
    • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Konstantin Osipov10 Aug
      • Re: conclusions [Re: post-push emails useless?]Guilhem Bichot10 Aug