List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nick Kledzik Date:October 19 2000 10:19pm
Subject:building on Darwin/Mac OS X
View as plain text
I downloaded the 3.23.26 sources and they almost compile on Mac OS X.  I only need to make
two changes!

1) in mysqld.cc at line 1520 is:

  #ifdef HAVE_MLOCKALL

which conditionalizes mlockall(MCL_CURRENT).  But mlockall is not available on Mac OS X.
All other uses of it are conditionalized with #ifdef SUN_OS.   So, either HAVE_MLOCKALL
is setup wrong or that conditional should be changed to SUN_OS.

2) in include/my_pthread.h at line 357:

I had to remove the ampersand from the call to pthread_detach.   That is

  #define pthread_detach_this_thread() { pthread_t tmp=pthread_self() ;
pthread_detach(&tmp); }

to:

  #define pthread_detach_this_thread() { pthread_t tmp=pthread_self() ;
pthread_detach(tmp); }

-Nick

Thread
building on Darwin/Mac OS XNick Kledzik20 Oct
  • Re: building on Darwin/Mac OS XChris Meyer20 Oct