List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:aliao Date:June 7 2010 4:01am
Subject:Re: How to get the handler of a table without the help of "mysql
upper layer"
View as plain text
Hi,

Sorry for the delay of response because of weekend.

We designer a new storage engine under mysql accord to our specification.
Now
we intend to add some features(e.g key-value APIs.) only based on own
storage engine
without mysql upper layers.Without the upper layers, we can ensure the
performance
of key-value api.

Without upper layer, we cannot get the handler of a table easily, however
in some
actions(e.g. write bin-log) the handler of a table is necessary. So we
must find another
way to get the handler of a table now and these work have been done by
mysql upper layer before.

Last week, i tried to find some way according to event scheduler
mechanism, and found that the operation
of getting handler is the same as the common execution of sql statement.

And we must find other way to get the handler without mysql upper layer.
plz help!!

> If you could explain what you are trying to solve, then we may be able
> to help you.
>
> To open a handler, you need to first get a TABLE object (as most of
> the handlers uses this to be able to find out the structure of the
> datatable).  Do you plan to construct a TABLE object yourself outside
> of sql_table.cc ?
>
> Why can't you use the primitives in sql_table.cc to get a TABLE +
> handler object ?
>
> Regards,
> Monty
>
> Are you using MariaDB yet?  //http://askmonty.org/wiki/MariaDB
Thread
How to get the handler of a table without the help of "mysql upperlayer"aliao4 Jun
  • re: How to get the handler of a table without the help of "mysql upperlayer"Michael Widenius4 Jun
Re: How to get the handler of a table without the help of "mysqlupper layer"aliao7 Jun