List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 4 2010 3:21pm
Subject:re: How to get the handler of a table without the help of "mysql upper
layer"
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "aliao" == aliao  <zju.pigeon@stripped> writes:

aliao> Hi.

aliao> fine!

aliao>   When i extend the function of some storages, i got a difficult problem,
aliao> plz
aliao> help!

aliao>     In a general way, before we do some operations on a table, we must get a
aliao> handler of the table, and the action of getting the handler is prepared by
aliao> the
aliao> MYSQL upper(sql_table.cc .etc.) but not the substructure(e.g storage...).
aliao>     But now i want to get the handler directly without the preparation of
aliao> MYSQL upper, is there any way to get the handler by the given table name
aliao> or what should we prepare for getting the handler.

If you could explain what you are trying to solve, then we may be able
to help you.

To open a handler, you need to first get a TABLE object (as most of
the handlers uses this to be able to find out the structure of the
datatable).  Do you plan to construct a TABLE object yourself outside
of sql_table.cc ?

Why can't you use the primitives in sql_table.cc to get a TABLE +
handler object ?

Regards,
Monty

Are you using MariaDB yet?  //http://askmonty.org/wiki/MariaDB

Thread
How to get the handler of a table without the help of "mysql upperlayer"aliao4 Jun
  • re: How to get the handler of a table without the help of "mysql upperlayer"Michael Widenius4 Jun
Re: How to get the handler of a table without the help of "mysqlupper layer"aliao7 Jun